It’s "Sewpaa Muhnkay baaaaallll!!!" as an adventure. O…k…
Platform: PlayStation 2, PSP, Gamecube
Category: Action Adventure
Developer: Traveller’s Tales
Release: June 2006
Game Overview & Story
Super Monkey Ball Adventure is the first genuinely narrative driven Super Monkey Ball title that offers a story driven adventure game style as well as the classic puzzle based games.
On Jungle Island Aiai meets Princess Deedee of Monkitropolis and Prince Abeabe of Kongri-la, star-crossed lovers whose marriage is hampered by a feud that exists between their respective kingdoms. The Monkey Ball world is plagued by misunderstanding and suspicion, which has led to the rise of The Naysayers, gloomy creatures who are sucking the joy from the Monkey World.
Aiai is asked to reconcile the feuding Monkey Kingdoms and to do this he must travel to all five Monkey realms, helping people and defeating Naysayers in an effort to spread joy and remove prejudice and fear.
Super Monkey Ball Adventure takes place in a persistent world in which puzzles and quests are spread throughout. Classic Super Monkey Ball gameplay is bolstered by a chant system that grants new abilities to the Ball. The party games and puzzle trays also appear and ensure that the bold new direction for Super Monkey Ball also has links to the franchises successful heritage.
- A bold re-invention of a classic franchise. Super Monkey Ball has moved beyond its puzzle-based roots to offer a more narrative driven and popular explorative style of gameplay.
- PSP Exclusive Features. Game sharing allows for wireless multiplayer party games. The PSP version also offers an exclusive card trading game and will reveal the secrets of the Super Monkey Ball back-story
- New Ball Abilities. 10 new ball abilities accessed via an innovative chant system – sticky, bounce, speed, hover, wood, tether, scalar, glide, boxing and invisible.
- A host of Monkey Characters. Throughout your travels you will meet over 50 Monkeys who you can help and learn from, over 20 of which will feature as playable characters in the party games.
- Classic Party Games boosted by new additions. All the favourite party games from the classic Super Monkey Ball titles are present alongside 3 new additions – Monkey Tag where you have to get ballons any way you can, Monkey Bounce which is a brand new puzzle game including an array of power ups and Castle, a frantic 4 player destruction game that demands tactics, skill and of course luck!
- 5 Unique Worlds. Jungle Island, Moonhaven (a city above the clouds), Zootopia (a Theme Park world), Monkeytropolis (a big, dark city whose main industry is noise making) and Kongri-la (an under water city) offer over 60 quests and 50 puzzle trays to test and delight in equal measure