Disney Epic Mickey Fact Sheet
Short Version: Play as Mickey Mouse in a world made up of Disney’s long forgotten artistic efforts. Wield paint and paint thinner in a “Playstyle Matters” way (as in changes have consequences). Warren Spector is leading this, so it should be an exceptional game.
Nice to see the target audience is from 13 to 34 years…
Publisher: Disney Interactive Studios
Developer: Junction Point
ESRB Rating Target: E10+
Ship Date: Holiday 2010
Target Audience: Primary – 13-34 year old consumers; Secondary – Core Gamers
Players: 1 player
Platform: Wii console
Disney Epic Mickey is an action-adventure platforming game for the Wii console that sends Mickey Mouse on an epic journey of creativity and discovery. As Mickey, the player is propelled into Wasteland, an alternate world made up of Disney’s forgotten creative efforts, and is given the power to wield paint and paint thinner to dynamically change the world while determining Mickey’s path to becoming an epic hero.
Through the use of this unique paint and paint thinner, the key components of animation and Mickey’s tools for impacting his world, players will have the ability to shape how the story unfolds as they discover the concept of “Playstyle Matters” – an innovative style of gameplay created by Disney Interactive Studios’ Junction Point, led by industry luminary Warren Spector, where players creatively tackle different challenges in the world to explore all the possibilities and storylines – but with consequences for their chosen actions.
- Use paint and paint thinner to change the world, interact with friends and enemies and solve challenges
- Choose the best path to become an epic hero because “Playstyle Matters” and choices will change the outcome of the game
- Explore and solve challenges in an alternate Disney world ruled by Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Walt Disney’s first cartoon star
- Travel between lands in Wasteland through classic platforming levels inspired by animated films and shorts
- Experience an innovative mix of platforming, action-adventure and light role playing game elements
- Collect over 75 virtual Disney pins in the game by completing specific challenges, quests and discovering hidden collectibles
About Disney Interactive Studios
Disney Interactive Studios, part of Disney Interactive Media Group, is the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS). Disney Interactive Studios self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of multi-platform video games and interactive entertainment worldwide. The company also licenses properties and works directly with other interactive game publishers to bring products for all ages to market. Disney Interactive Studios is based in Glendale, California, and has internal development studios around the world. For more information, log on to http://www.disneyinteractivestudios.com.